Nitrazepam is a hypnotic medication that contains Nitrazepam 5mg. It acts as an anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, and muscle relaxant. It performs similar functions to Diazepam and often both are used as a replacement of one another. This short-term pain reliever is also used as a sedative and gives amnestic effects as well. It helps in dealing with insomnia or sleeplessness, and even in managing the sleep-wake cycle or early awakening or short term sleep, etc. Benzodiazepines are the class of drugs to which this Nitrazepam 5mg belongs. These capsules at taken orally at bedtime.
- The chemical formula is C15H11N3O3
- Brand names include Mogadon
- Stronger sedative effect than Diazepam
- Decreases to the period required to fall asleep
- Use with pharmacists or physician’s recommendation
- A moderate level of addiction can occur due to over usage or even overdose